Definition of a Member
Scope of Terms and Modifications
User ID and Password Management
- Members are responsible for registering and managing their own ID (user name or email) and password when using the Online Store. Members must carefully manage their registered ID and password, and shall not disclose, transfer, or lend their ID or password to any third parties.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate the registration of any Member that has not used the Online Store for a period of more than one year. In such cases, the Company may delete the personal information of such Members that the Company has in its possession.
- Members are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of their ID and/or password (including in cases where an inquiry is made with the Member ID or password and the Company responds), and the Company shall not be liable for said use.
Modifying Registered Information
- If a Member’s registered information changes, the Member must immediately follow the procedures set by the Company to carry out the changes.
Provision of Information
The Company shall provide each Member with information about their preorders and purchases, as well as important notices from the Company or this site, and Members shall agree to receive such provisions of information.
Members are prohibited from engaging in the following activities when using the Online Shop.
- Acts that infringe or may infringe on the copyright or other rights of other Members, third parties, or the Company.
- Acts that infringe or may infringe on the property of privacy of other Members, third parties, or the Company.
- Acts that cause or may cause disadvantage or damage to other Members, third parties, or the Company.
- Acts that hinder or slander the operation of the Online Store.
- Acts that infringe or may infringe on public order and standards of decency, or provide information that is offensive to other Members or third parties.
- Acts that are criminal, tied to criminal behavior, or may lead to these occurring.
- Commercial activity through or in connection with the Online Store without prior consent from the Company, or other acts in preparation for such activity.
- Falsifying or false registration of email addresses, passwords, or other associated personal information.
- Acts that slander other Members, third parties, or the Company.
- Acts that violate or may violate laws and regulations.
- Any other illegal or inappropriate use of the Online Store.
If the Company or a third party incurs damage due to Member conduct that falls under any of the above clauses, the Member shall compensate for such damage. Furthermore, even if the Member is stripped of membership, they shall remain liable for all acts prescribed in the above clauses regarding the Online Store and shall not cause further trouble for the Company.
Suspension of Online Store Usage, Etc.
The Company will temporarily suspend use of the Online Store for Members who fall into any of the following categories, and the Company reserves the right to cancel their membership registration and deny them further use of the Online Store.
- Members that violate any of the “Member Obligations” clauses listed above.
Discontinuation and Suspension of Service
The Company may, at its sole discretion, suspend all or part of the Online Store without giving prior notice to Members in the event of natural disasters, other emergencies or threats of emergencies, failure of telecommunication infrastructure installed by the Company, or other unavoidable reasons. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by Members due to the discontinuation of the Online Store.
Disclaimer of Liability
The Company does not guarantee the completeness, accuracy, certainty, or usefulness of the contents of the Online Store or any information obtained by Members through the Online Store. The provision, delay, modification, interruption, suspension, or discontinuation of the Online Store shall be made at the sole discretion of the Company, and the Company shall not be held liable to Members for any such decisions. In the event that the Company is obligated to compensate Members for damages incurred due to the loss of information registered or provided through the Online Store, or other damages incurred in connection with the Online Store, the amount of such damages shall be limited to the total cost of the products and/or services purchased by Members through the Online Store.
Court of Jurisdiction
- In the event of a dispute between a Member and the Company with respect to the Online Store, both parties shall discuss and negotiate the matter in good faith.
- The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction if the matter cannot be resolved through negotiation.
Last updated: July 13, 2022